5/01/2012

My First Turkey!

Ever since I can remember, my family has had large family meals together, around the holidays. I love to recall the aroma of steamed vegetables with exotic spices, the sparkling punch with dainty lemons, and then my favorite part: the turkey. It has a welcoming smell that no one can resist.  It makes me feel as if I'm a part of a Norman Rockwell painting.

A few months ago, while my mom was healing from Annemarie's birth, I made up my mind to cook a turkey. But there was one problem:  I didn't know how!  After a few tips from my grandmothers, and a little help from YouTube, I made a turkey!  I must say that it was quite fun.

Here are a few photos of how it turned out :) .





4 comments:

  1. Emma, I LOVE your blog. I am going to try some of your yummy food you have on your blog. I sent you a message the other day I am not so sure if you got it or not. Hope you are doing well. Love and miss you!

    Mercy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mercy. I'm glad you like it! I miss and love you too! Hopefully we'll get to see each other soon:)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog as a way to keep up with you guys! Love, Aunt Micci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're able to stay up to date with our family, now that we have blogs, Aunt Micci! We miss and love you guys so much:).

      Delete